Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love this holiday. This, the one day of the year where we Americans are supposed to stop and smell the coffee, eat a wonderful meal with family and friends, and give thanks for all that is good and right in our world. I am thankful for so much, I could make a list as long as my arm, but here are just a few that come to mind:

• Stunning fall sunsets that make my heart swell with gladness
• My sweet husband, whom I love to the ends of the earth and back again
• My baby sister, whom I love to the stars and back again
• My mama, who loves me like no one else can
• Emily, who believes in me always
• Shannon, who gives me new opportunities to grow
• Amy, who has been a tried-and-true friend for 20+ years
• The openness, honesty, and support of the nonprofit community in this city
• Birds singing at the feeders in the backyard
• The new friends I've made at networking events and informational interviews in the last few months
• The support of friends and family as I find my way in a brave new world

I am grateful.

6 comments:

Carleen Brice said...

Lovely, lovely list! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me. You're tops on my list, too! Hugs, A

Lost in America said...

I am grateful to have you in my life.

Baker's Dozen said...

SF :)

Emidots said...

Thanks Erin... You taught me how to be a good friend. ;)

Will said...

Excellent list.