Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Joy Comes in Small Packages

The sun is shining and the weather is warm, warm, warm. I contributed time to Smart-Girl this afternoon that was meaningful--I built relationships and used my knowledge and skills. I scheduled a phone interview for an organization I believe in where I could most definitely WOW them as the CEO.

And I got a package in the mail today--the written evaluations from the class I taught at DU this summer. I was a bit reluctant to teach the Financial Management and Fundraising class in a condensed format--how would I ever fit it all in and keep them engaged? But I earned an "A"! My numerical scores were often 5.9 on a 6.0 scale. Here are some of the comments:

"Erin really cares about this subject and she is able to convey her vast knowledge succintly and effectively. I was impressed with her enthusiasm, preparation, and skill."

"Engaging teaching style"

"Erin did a wonderful job of finding ways to incorporate multiculturalism..."

"Instructor was knowledgable and able to go into specifics with real-life examples."

"Challenging both to experienced and inexperienced students"
Happy, happy, joy, joy! These are the days I live for.

1 comment:

Gary said...

YES! You rock, E.