Monday, September 12, 2011

On Top of the World

I summited a fourteener yesterday on the ten-year anniversary of 9/11. Because my hiking mates were ahead of me most of the time, it turned into a beautiful walking meditation. Though it will likely take me days or weeks to integrate everything I learned into my physical and energetic bodies, I can say for certain that the experience changed my life forever.

It felt as if I were in another world, one between the earth and astral planes. I am incredibly privileged to be able, in so many senses of the word, to fully take it all in.

5 comments:

k. said...

that seems so cool

Downs Side Up said...

What an inspirational blog. I'm new to all this but trying to create a similarly positive one about parenting a child with Down's Syndrome. I'm struggling to even work out how people can leave comments, but I shall use your blog as a template. Thank you

www.downssideup.blogspot.com

Color Laser toner cartridges said...

Wow!! That sounds pretty amazing there. I wanna try that soon :)

I'm new at blogging so please advice me whats your technique in posting some good blogs. Please visit my blogs.

Jack Duggan said...

Congratulations. It is different up there isn't it? Thanks for the pictures.

On the West Coast I've been to the top of Mount Rainier and Mount Whitney and a lot of lower but still interesting peaks as well.

Looking at your pictures I think I need to hike to the top of a big peak soon.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Downs Side Up, for your kind words. Jack, yes, it certainly is different. All mountains have their own beauty, but being up that high was a completely different experience!