Tuesday, August 7, 2007

More than NGBF

For years, I had this boss whose sense of humor I never understood. But there are one or two of his little weirdnesses that live on in my nuclear family because they ranked as funny. One of them is "NGBF" food, which stands for "not good but filling." I've had my share of it, and I avoid it like the plague. Also restaurants that charge $50 for a meal that's OK but absolutely not worth the money. I guess that would be "OBNWTM" food, which just doesn't have the same ring.

Enter new restaurant, which we always try on our anniversary and on birthdays. Picture it, feel it, taste it: inventive summer fare with just the right amount of spice, casual but sophisticated ambiance, perfect waitron involvement, and a check total of $100 with wine. Our 14th anniversary dinner at Duo Restaurant was exceptional. I am a foodie and more than a little picky about restaurants. In fact, I had almost given up entirely on the $$$ and $$$$ restaurants because they never lived up to my expectations. But HO-LY COW! You have to go. Did I mention the chocolate cake with thick, thick icing a mile high and the creme fraiche gelato? We had to have a quiet moment while my brain wrapped around that one.

No comments: