Saturday, January 26, 2008

Good Things Come to Those Who Work Hard

Linda Brisnehan of Lockheed Martin, the 2007 Women'sVision Foundation "Woman of the Vision" was the intro speaker at the Women'sVision Savvy Salon last week. She had three tips for the career women in the audience. I found myself nodding my head in agreement after everything she said, and I thought her advice was worth sharing.

1. Work hard and give 100%.
If you work hard, you get a good reputation, and those who have a good reputation see lots of opportunities come their way.

2. Continuously learn.
This really means create your own opportunities by getting smarter and better all the time.

3. Build your network.
Amen, sister. Can't say enough about this one, because all of the new contacts in my network have opened my eyes to whole worlds I didn't even know existed.

5 comments:

Gary said...

This is just what I needed this morning. Thank you for inspiring me.

David Sandusky said...

You know a good connector who adds value to her network when she comes up in many channels of opportunity and entertainment. Like you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you stopped by, David! Hope to see you at the SafeHouse Mardi Gras party or another event soon...

apple blossom said...

thank you for these beautiful words,i really needed it

Anonymous said...

I'm glad my words were inspirational to you and that you took the time to read so many of my blog posts. Sending you peace and light.