Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Life Is Good

I haven't had a full-time job in seven months. I pay a ridiculous amount of money every month for health insurance. I push myself outside my comfort zone every single day. I'm frustrated with the nonprofit community and its scarcity mentality. I struggle with balancing my time between maintaining contact with the people in my network, building new relationships, working for clients, seeking new clients, getting smarter by going to classes and conducting informational interviews, working as a volunteer, and looking for work. I'm o- u- t- out of money. I have never been busier in my life.

And I've never been happier.

I am true to my values. I'm having fun. I appreciate and admire my husband, family, friends (old and new), colleagues, and students. I'm lucky to live in a democratic country, as flawed as it seems sometimes. I drive a reliable car that's paid for, and I have a beautiful home surrounded by a garden that takes my breath away. I put my skills and experience to work in a meaningful way. I connect with people.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Carleen Brice said...

Wow, Erin. What a great post! And one I can totally relate to! I'm o-u-t out of $ too and paying a fortune for health care. But every day is my own. I write, take walks, pet my cats, hug my hubby. And pretty soon it'll be time to hit the dirt (you know what I mean). You're right: life is pretty sweet!! Thanks for the reminder!

Lost in America said...

Yes, life is good. You are awesome.

apple blossom said...

you have put a smile on my face