Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I think about what I'm grateful for, I'm surprised by how different my life is this year than last. So much has changed, and I've brought about all of that change because I've had the space to find my values and power again. And I am oh-so-grateful for that space. Here's what else makes my heart light:

The robins having a little party in my garden today

Being part of the DU community

My students and the lessons they teach me

Milo the nephew dog

My sister Lindsey

My partner Gary

My mom

The clients who make me laugh

The lovely house I live in and the garden that surrounds me

Beads and making pretty baubles

Emily, Shannon, Heather, Amy, and Merry, who have been friends through good times and bad

Having my mentee, Consuelo, in my life

The staff and fellow board members at Smart-Girl

Barack Obama

Music! There was a great series of essays about music on This American Life (a show aired on NPR) last weekend, and one of the people on the show said this: "A chord here... A chord there... And your heart splits open." Yeah.


Blessings upon you.

3 comments:

Gary said...

I am grateful for you, too.

Lost in America said...

Every day you display your strength of character by enjoying the gifts you're given and focusing on the positive. This may well be the time of greatest learning and growth of your life. You are right to revel in it. Blessings on you, my dear, and thank you for being such a wonderful gift to me.

Baker's Dozen said...

I am thankful for you also :) Your strength, creativity, and perseverance inspire me daily.

Wuv!